Recently, there has been a lot of buzz around digital marketing, and rightly so. Having a good digital marketing strategy is very important to your company’s success. We at Retail Gurukul have tied up with Opteamize Cloud Solutions to get some insight about how jewellers can use online platforms to market their jewellery. Here are the top 10 ways to market your jewellery online.
- Website – Your website should act as a magnet that draws people to your stores. People may get their first impressions of you through your website and a good website is the critical step to creating an online presence. Make sure it is simple to navigate and create pages for all the basics such as Contact Us, About Us, and Products Sold. As you are a fashion store, you need to have a lot of dazzling images. Be very descriptive regarding the product so people will know exactly what you are selling and don’t get confused when they come to your store to buy the product. Also, add a language translator to your site to cast a wider net of visitors.
- Images / Instagram – Having an Instagram account is a must for every fashion jeweller. Instagram is the best tool for showcasing your fashion jewelry and allows you to add effects and edit your images. Images are a key component in memory retention and add instant value to every post. For images, use real models wherever possible as they are more attractive than figurines. Also, be sure to take attractive photographs to make the jewellery stand out. Add a couple of images on every page of your site. They attract people to your website and add flavor as opposed to multiple bland blocks of text.
- Facebook – A well-planned Facebook page is absolutely necessary if you want to excel with digital marketing. Make sure you utilize your posts and campaigns in a tactical manner that can help build your brand. Facebook allows you to target the right demographic, geography and audience based on interests. You need to wait for an optimal amount of time between campaigns. If you run too many campaigns, you may lose out on quality or people will consider it spam and ignore you.
- Videos / YouTube– A YouTube channel is not required, but it is preferred. You can also add videos to your Facebook page as well. Videos add another dimension to your digital marketing. You can create videos about anything, as long as it is relevant to your field of business. You could use the videos to offer a peek into your world and show what’s going on at your stores , convert your photoshoots into videos, or even upload video referrals from your customers. Be sure to keep the videos short but informative so you don’t wear out people’s attention span, and upload them onto your site.
- Testimonials – Speaking of customer referrals, you need to get a few which you can use on your website. Be sure to get genuine referrals from customers wearing your jewellery and publish these testimonials in both text and video formats. Testimonials are crucial if you want to improve the credibility of your business.
Trust begets trust.
They help make your brand more trustworthy. Testimonials will also help bring in any people who are undecided about whether they should check out your store to buy your products. The word of mouth effect will come into play and some people will purchase your jewellery simply because others are buying it.
- Email – Email is of of the oldest forms of online marketing, but it is still effective. You should use email both for targeting your existing clients as well as going after prospects. Before you begin, however, do note that there are certain rules you need to follow during email marketing.You can inform customers about existing designs and store openings through email. Creating a monthly newsletter is a great way to market your products. You can compile a list of potential customers and try to reel them in by targeting them with offers and promotions.
- Coupons / Promo Codes – Coupons and promo codes are one of the best ways to increase your customer base. You can partner with coupon and promo sites to offer deals and discounts on your products, be it 5% off or Rs. 500 off. Even though you may lose money on the initial transaction thanks to the coupon, your allure should be so much that they keep coming back for more. You can run coupon and promo code offers along with your Facebook or email campaigns and include deals for festivals such as Diwali, Eid, and Christmas.
- SEO – Search engine optimization (SEO) is an integral part of your online marketing. SEO helps other people notice your site amid other similar sites. Use targeted keywords to promote your site’s visibility and reach out to more potential customers. The trick here is to find the most ‘searched for’ words that have the least competition. Of course, this is easier said than done, but once you find the sweet spot, you can soar through the rankings. Jewellery buyers often consult their smartphones before buying, so make sure your site works properly on mobile and is optimized for local SEO.
- Google Analytics – Data analytics is one of the top tools you can use to microtarget a customer segment and get better results. With Google Analytics, you can maximize your digital marketing budget and stretch it to the limit. Google Analytics shows you how visitors located your website and will help you uncover more keywords that you may need to target. It can also shows your most and least popular pages so you can adjust accordingly. In short, analytics helps you now know where your traffic is coming from and where it is heading.
- E-Commerce – The long term goal for your company should be to change from a stand-alone website into a buzzing e-commerce site or sell on a marketplace. You want to slowly transition your website into an e-commerce jewellery store and enable users to directly buy products on it. You should start by selling your products online which gives the added benefit of expanding your brand. Shifting to an e-commerce website helps you make more sales and get more business.
If you are a retail jeweller, Retail Gurukul can help boost your sales. If you are interested in maximizing the use of Digital marketing, we can arrange a quick phone or chat meeting for you. You can get started with a free retail business consulting session immediately. Here is where you can find out more information about our retail business clinic.